Yesterday I ran a 90 minute download at Redington covering what I learnt on Seth Godin’s Alt MBA.
20 people attended, some from Redington and some from other firms in the city. For those that didn’t make it in running a second session next Tuesday 18th August at Redington.
I had initially thought about going through all 12 Projects; but thankfully for those attending I managed to consolidate it down to 6 key areas of interest.
- What stopping us…?
- Making good decisions
- Being more creative
- Achieving your goals & dreams
- Making change happen
- The first step
Some of the lessons I was trying to convey were:
- Know the change you want to make, who you are trying to change and what change you are seeking
- Get inside the head of your target person/group. If you want to change, influence or persuade anyone of anything, you need to start by understanding their worldview.
- Develop a human, charismatic and honest story that will resonate with the people you seek to change.
- Be vulnerable. This will help your team/group open up and get beneath the surface quickly.
- Review your boundaries and constraints (most are self-imposed) challenge yourself to think bigger, bolder and make more change
- Push through your fear (it’s your Lizard Brain). When you feel scared that’s when you’re probably onto something good. Feel the fear and do it anyway.
- The magic of continuous feedback from people who care. The quicker you send it/share it the more input you can get and the better you can iterate your way to success.
The AltMBA is one of the best learning experiences I have been involved in. It drew on the best of Management School and blended it with the best of Online Learning, as well as the latest Neuroscience to ensure what we learn sinks in, is applied and is retained. Here’s Seth’s original pitch for it.
The question it raises for me is:
What if we could deliver highly effective training like this to new hires, colleagues, future leaders and clients? What if we could download seriously valuable skills in just a few hours or even days?
If you or someone you know would like to attend this AltMBA Download to get an overview of the content (not so much the format), send me a message ([email protected]) and I’ll confirm details.
Here’s a link to the presentation I delivered: AltMBA Download 12Aug Final